Monday, November 30, 2009

I Dreamt a Dream…




DO YOU KNOW WHEN SOME TIMES DREAMS LOOK LIKE REALITY? AND DO YOU KNOW WHEN SOME TIMES DREAMS DO HAPPEN IN REALITY. DREAMS CAN BE SWEET, CAN BE AWFUL, CAN BE SOMETHING WILD, AND CAN BE SOMETHING TAME. THESE ARE WHAT DREAMS ARE…

I was sleeping soundlessly, peacefully for these few days, where there are no classes at all, no replacements, ignoring all the homework and doing nothing but to sleep and rest my mind. Maybe because I slept too much, or maybe because I was really tired which had caused my first day of sleep reached up to 18 hours, which is definitely over the limit of a normal human being.

Nevertheless, the same thing happened to me for the next two nights where I was sleeping for another 15 hours each night, which had caused me to lose the chance of meeting sunlight. But regardless, it was to rest my body, my mind and my soul, after a long week of stress and happenings towards me. But dreams occurred during my slumber. Loads and loads of them, but I could not remember either one of them, except for one which has woken me up in the midst of my sleep.

It was a dream, where I saw, the person I was in love, was hugged by another men, walking through the path right in front of me, and all I did was nothing and without knowing, I woke up the next moment, with tears shredding down my cheeks. I thought that bed should be the most private place everyone could have ever had, the most congenial place for a person to rest it mind, body and soul, but all it did to me was to bring back more bad memories towards me.

My life for the past whole week was like a wilting tree, with 18 hours of care given back to this tree, which includes watering the tree, putting fertilizer and with a little bit of care and love for the tree only I grew back alive, and with just one mistake, this tree almost died, caused by this dream. It has tried to grow, tried to live, tried to break through obstacles, but the only fact was the past is still haunting it. Bad memories, bad dreams, bad environment and many more are trying to kill this tree, and all this tree can do was to live itself, live life to the fullest, to the longest, where you wouldn’t know when your life will end, therefore, live, for the sake of yourself and for the sake of others…

No comments:

Post a Comment