Friday, November 6, 2009

ARGH!!!!! CANNOT SLEEP AAAAA!!!!!!!!!



IMAGINE THIS: COULDN’T SLEEP FOR 2 WEEKS, AN AVERAGE OF SLEEPING HOURS OF 3 HOURS A DAY, WHAT WOULD EVENTUALLY HAPPEN TO YOU? HEALTH PROBLEMS? MAYBE. CONCENTRATION PROBLEMS DURING THE DAY? MAYBE. SLEEPING HOURS HAS BEEN MIGRATED TO OTHER COUNTRIES? DEFINITELY… AND IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON… AND PLEASE, HOW TO GET RID OF IT? I NEED A GOOD NIGHT SLEEP!!!

It has been 2 weeks since I had my goodnight sleep. Everything goes abnormal nowadays. 1+1 could even be 3 or 4 and you must be asking, what happened to me. Good question. Even I do not know. All I did was to go to bed the usual time, but things always popped up into my mind causing me to gain stress and then it continued on and on and eventually I could not sleep until the morning. But there was once where I eventually got into my dreams. I was sort of happy when I woke up, but it is only like 3 hours later, which would be 3am in the morning. Guess what, my first good night sleep and then here comes the nightmares. I have heard before that humans will have an amount of 3-4 different dreams in a night. But how did dreams come by? For this, I think it will be discussed next time. Haha..

Imagine living in a city such as Kuala Lumpur, where it is slowly turning into a sleepless city, just like Las Vegas. When things like that happen, eventually people’s stress increases. Everything is all about efficiency in terms of speed and quality. What else could increase? Maybe everything that could be taught of, you mentioned it. But regardless what will happen, it is still important to get enough sleep a day and for those who could not get into sleep, these are a few ways of getting you into bed.

10 Tips for getting you into bed
1) Give yourself “permission” to go to bed. As hard as it may be to put away your “to do” list, make sleep a priority.
2) Try to deal with worries and distractions several hours before bedtime.
3) Develop a consistent sleeping ritual. Do the same thing each night just before bed, as it will signal your body to settle down for the night.
4) Set your biological clock by sleeping and waking up at the same time each day and night.
5) Create a restful sleep environment. Sleep in a cool, quiet, dark room. (this could not be achieved by me if you have read the previous topic regarding my housemate).
6) Sleep on a comfortable, supportive mattress and foundation. It’s difficult to sleep on a bed that’s too small, too soft, too hard or too old.
7) Exercise regularly. But do not exercise before bedtime or you may have trouble falling asleep.
8) Cut down on stimulants such as caffeine, especially in the evening that can face you difficulty on falling asleep.
9) Don’t smoke. (Smokers, quit smoking. It is also one of the causes).
10) Reduce alcohol intake. Drinking alcohol shortly before bedtime interrupts and fragments sleep.


Most of you might be wondering on whether this is true or not. But one thing is that through this survey which is conducted in the states, 51 percent of the sampled Americans said that stress is actually disturbing their sleep. Imagine this, 1 out of every 2 person will be facing a problem of sleeping due to stress. So, the only thing you can do now is to follow the instructions above and start living a healthy life as there are more things that could be done during the day rather than losing your sleep at night.


Don't try this at home... LOLZ...

2 comments:

  1. Sleep apnea is basically a condition that affects most people causing them to stop breathing for around 10-20 seconds as they sleep. There are different symptoms of sleep apnea that are dependent on the type of sleep apnea condition that one is suffering from. Normally, there are three kinds of sleep apnea namely the (OSA) or obstructive sleep apnea and the (CSA) or central sleep apnea. The third type is rare and exhibits signs of both CSA and OSA, which is called mixed sleep apnea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashok... thanks for dropping by... great information provided there. So, is there any methods or ways to cure this problem from happening?
    Because I was taught to put hands crossed on my stomach while i'm lying down on my bed. It would distract my thoughts and will direct me to sleep. Is this a correct method?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete