Sunday, January 31, 2010

~Shopping Spree~



DID YOU REMEMBER WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU HAD FUN WHILE SHOPPING? BUT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THINGS THAT WOULD BE DECIDING THE MOOD THAT YOU WILL BE HAVING ON THAT DAY, AND THAT WOULD BE THE PEOPLE AROUND…

I had my shopping spree at this great and grand shopping mall, and the first thing that I thought when I went in was to get my hair done, because my hair was as messy as a cat’s fur when after bath. I did not brought my wax, very obviously, and guess what I did. I went to a pharmacy where they actually sell hair wax. I opened the tester and took a whole lump of it and went to the bathroom to make my hair. But indeed, it was a bad hair day for me (read the previous post and you would understand).

It was quite hectic as me and Yvonne, a high school classmate and also the current course mate of mine, went shopping together. We bumped into Ting Huey a few times and also once on Calleen. But we did not talk much because everyone was busy shopping.

Remember how the other races actually stereotype Chinese as people who likes to count a lot especially things that regards on money. I think that would be true because me, as a Chinese, likes to do so. Me and Yvonne eventually walked the whole shopping mall, to survey on all the prices before purchasing. I bought some present for my buddy because I still owe him for his birthday, and that post will come after this because it is still kept a secret, another present for another friend, a pair of working pants, a formal shirt and I think that is all. Guess how much I had spent? 300 bucks, which included petrol for the car and etc.

But regardless on what happened, I was quite happy with the whole trip, because we met some very nice people and some not very nice people, who actually balanced up the whole emotion between both of us, shoppers. We went to a few stalls and we were actually searching for some kind of earring that Yvonne actually wanted but couldn’t find, and there were shop keepers who are go generous of directing us to other shops who actually sells this kind of earring when they do not sell it at their stall. I was quite impressed on the professionalism they had, even when they were only a small shop keeper. Look at their ethic, their morale and also the moral inside them, and this is what people should learn.

After that, we continued shopping and shopping and everything goes on and on. We walked around for a few times and there was even a shop that I went in for 4 times and still do not know the direction of that shop. Amazing right? Because it was huge, and who would actually remember all the setting for the shop lots on where it should be and etc. But I doubt that girls who had been there shopping would know everything.

Therefore, shopping isn’t really bad after all, especially for those who had bad experience in facing shop keepers. The only thing that you could do is to keep smiling when you se these shop keepers and they will learn their own lesson. Be ethic and be professional yourself as a shopper and these shop keepers would definitely be impressed by you, or maybe, they would actually give you a better and lower price when you purchase them. Who knows? They are the boss after all…

Act Professional as a Shopper and also a Shop Keeper, for the sake of your business and for the sake of Eu shoppers creating a bond with them.

(P.S. it brings you benefits.... and by the way, shopping isn't only just for women.).

No comments:

Post a Comment