Sunday, January 31, 2010

Family… A Word That Everybody Could Feel……



WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR FAMILY, HAVING FUN TOGETHER, SITTING DOWN TOGETHER AND WATCHING TELEVISION TOGETHER, WON’T YOU FEEL HAPPY? BUT WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS MENTION SOMETHING ABOUT BREAKING UP A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE FAMILY WHEN THERE ARE KIDS OR PEOPLE OUTSIDE IN THE SOCIETY WHO NEEDS AND WANTS A REAL FAMILY WHEN THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE?

Indeed, another great day for me at home, hanging out with my family members, and also not to forget a new family member of mine, my cute little laptop. Although we did not went out, but sitting around at home doing things is also another great way of spending time together, especially on a weekend, where it should be known as family days (I put an “s” here because I meant both day of weekends as family day).

I was doing things just as usual, sitting down in front of my laptop, playing with the Internet and also some online and non-online games, changing computers around so that I could actually test on which one is better on which programs and etc. I was doing all these and indeed, kind of forgotten about something until my mom asked me to help her out. The thing that I forgot was to spend time with my family.

I went to the kitchen and I helped my mom to cooked curry fried rice, which came out… mmm… no comments on this one, but at least everyone finished their rice on their plate. She said that I should at least learn something before I further my studies in UK, in the future. I know I had to survive on Asian food to actually gain weight, but I don’t mind gaining weight with the Westerners’ food, as their portion is bigger, but I might not be able to accept their food at the first glance or first try of them. That is why I had to learn to cook, and if I succeed, I could at least earn some money by selling them off right? As a support for my euro trip. Haha. (Too much of day dreaming, so kids, wake up and stop day dreaming).

I had a great dinner after that and then my cousins came over to have fun, and this was the first time I got to look at my youngest cousin of all… I mean second youngest, just born and still fresh from the oven. She is 5 months old and a Malay, but she is as fair as a Chinese. You must have weird thoughts right? I’m a Chinese and a Malay cousin. And I bet your guesses are correct, and yes my aunty did get married to my uncle who is Malay. But no racist here alright, because all I am going to talk about is my cute little cousin.

She had great big eyes, wearing a pink colour shirt, and even when she doesn’t want to continue eating that banana that my dad fed her, she still looks cute rejecting them. How can children be so cute in every way, every direction or anything that they do? But I know something, bringing up a children is not cute at all. But looking at their faces would definitely bring your day up.

Family isn’t just about your parents or relatives, it is the people who you grew up with, the people who you share you loves with and the people you care about and concern about. Best friends and buddies are a part of your life, and therefore, indirectly, also a part of your family, because they work the same as every family member of yours do, and always remember something, blood relationship will never be important. The most important thing would be, what is written inside your heart, and those people who are in your heart, would always be a part of your family.

I've been to an orphanage before, and those kids were really living without their parents and their real family members. They would have to take care of themselves, and take care of each other. So, which part of them links to them as a family? Their blood relationship? No... Their thoughts of helping out each other? Maybe... The bond that tied them up to make them a family? Definitely. This is why, family doesn't need to come from blood relationship, but it comes from the heart of people who wants to make a relationship up, which makes it a family. Doesn't it?

~~Family Members are everywhere, it is just that Eu might not have noticed it~~

2 comments:

  1. its good to have a happy family and its important too.
    Good childhood brings up child healthy and positive.
    Unfortunately not every kids are lucky to have such a good parents.
    So, What we can do is we give the best for our future ones. =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. true... that is why... cherish every moment you have with the people around you at the same time... because, maybe not every family is as perfect as the others, but by cherishing the people around you, they will improve your life, and automatically, they will be a part of your family... maybe friends do come and go... and so does family, in some sense, but cherish everything you have right now is the most important thing to do... hehe...

    ReplyDelete