Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Interview…

IT MIGHT SOUND LIKE A HORROR MOVIE, IT MIGHT SOUND LIKE A GHOST MOVIE, AND INDEED, IT IS A HORROR PART OF LIFE. THINGS MIGHT NOT HAPPEN AS WHAT YOU THOUGHT I MIGHT, BUT BEING BRAVE AN STEP ON TO A NEW STEPPING STONE, BRINGS YOUR LIFE TO ANOTHER LEVEL OF LIVING.

It was a very tiring day for me, went for an internship interview this morning at Asia Jaya. It was a far distanced company which I hope to work with, with all the dreams, all the fascinating culture of the company, and of course with a fascinating mini test and also a fascinating interview. Although it was kind of stressful as I wasn’t feeling very well, but it was a good experience.

I was being sent there alone, and I was afraid to go there alone, as everyone has a minimum of one partner to go with, but guts made me there. I went there two hours earlier because I did not know where it was, and I did now know on how reach to that company, to walk or to take a public transport. Because I was there two hours earlier, my determination told me to walk and I was shock, because just a straight walk and a turn on the right, and there it is, where I am standing right in front of the company.

I walked in to the company at 1.45pm, and that building which consists of many companies did actually made that entrance, a grand entrance. The ball room, the dining room, the bath room and even the elevator (which has a mini sized TV showing ice aged) has captured my attention, and anxious started burning through me, but fear has definitely doubled than what I have experienced before I went into that building. A high class building, definitely it will be a high class company, and indeed, the arrangements of the company, the culture, the design and most of the parts of the company did fascinated me.

I met up with the person who was in charged of me, where she briefed me and she walked me to a table and there I started my first task, which was the writing test. A one hour and thirty minutes test was definitely not enough, but I did manage to fulfill all the tasks which was given, and submitted it without a double check as I did not have extra time. I handed up the work and I was seated at a room to start my interview.

There wasn’t anymore fear in me as it was a congenial environment which would actually calms down the feeling of fear, rather it makes you prepare for the second task, which would be the interview. I was having a massive headache, and through that massive headache, I had to undergo an interview. Although the interview wasn’t as easy as I would have thought I was supposed to be, but it was an experience and knowledge gaining. Without a doubt, I answered most of the questions which was asked and although I made a few small mistakes, because this is the first time I am attempting the longest interview in my life up until now, it wasn’t a doubt that the transaction of information between the interviewer and interviewee was amazing.

I finished my interview and I walked back with a feeling that I would not get that job, because of the mistakes that I had made during the interview. But regardless of what the results might be, will I or will I not get this job, it is an experience learning and experience gaining, which might make me a better person, not only in terms of communication, and not only about the understanding of the real field outside, it will also be a preparation for the next interview. I would say, “it is all up to you now…”

No comments:

Post a Comment