Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SUDDEN ATTACK!!!

EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN FEAR, BUT HAVE YOU EVER TRIED TO GET A SUDDEN FEAR WHICH COULD HAPPEN TO YOU SUDDENLY? IT HAPPENED TO ME JUST THIS BEAUTIFUL MORNING.

It wasn’t a really pleasant morning after the sudden shock on what happened to my examined paper yesterday. It was way crazier than anything that I could have thought, in which has really increased the level of uncertainty within me to continue with my studies, and yes, eventually it has brought down my self esteem, crashed and buried until it could not be found today.

Flying down to Liverpool for my summer studies is just a step away, but seems like it will be crashed in no time due to yesterday’s paper. I have been studying do hard (and I bet everyone did) that even I did not go to sleep for approximately 24 freaking hours and that paper itself is less to an implementation paper but more to the general knowledge paper, so what is the point of eve studying so hard, and also, due to the level of stress and anxiety towards that paper itself, it has exhausted me throughout the whole night, and for the first time In my whole 18 years of studying life, I’m exhausted at my first examined paper in which I would still need to continue with my studies after that.

BUT SOMETHING SHOCKING HAPPENED THIS MORNING!!!

I woke up from bed and wanted to get some studies and be prepared for the next exam, but it doesn’t seems like the anxiety level is high, but the phobia, the fear of studying within me has actually occurred, and once again, in my freaking 18 years of life. I am a person who loves to study, but the fear has caught me this morning that I even have to force myself to think differently just to hold a pen.

According to Wikipedia, this is known as Ergasiophobia / Ergophobia, in which is it the fear of work or functioning. This is where suffers of Ergophobia experience undue anxiety about the workplace environment even though they realize their fear is irrational. This fear may be a combination of fears, such fear of failing at assigned tasks, fear of speaking before groups at work (both of which are types of performance anxiety), or fear of socializing with co-workers (a type of social phobia).


Of course, people with Ergosiophobia could find treatment (but in my case, I think mine is still a mild scenario, therefore, it doesn’t need much of a treatment) through behavioral therapy, anti anxiety medication, psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, relaxation techniques – controlled breathing (recommended), and medication (not recommended, because medications to treat anxiety may be utilized for treatment of symptoms, but there are no studies that support the efficacy of medication in the treatment of specific phobias. These sources are retrieved from wrongdiagnosis.com.

You might be curious on why did I use Ergasiophobia and not some other phobias that would relate to the fear of studying. It is because they do not have that particular phobia for people who fears in their studies, therefore, this would be similar, and at the same time, study is also a job, as it is a task of the students to finish up their assignment and pass their examination in order to get out of the colleges they hated so much.

Perhaps, the stress level was too high as I was not able to sleep for many nights just because of one paper. Therefore, would need to free myself off from these stress for a little while after finals.

But still, life still goes on, therefore no matter how high the mountain is, I’m still continuing my journey to conquer this mountain, even though I fell from the mountain hard enough yesterday, but giving up is never the answer. Go for it, as life is all about dealing with challenges and obstacles.


4 comments:

  1. Still can write a blog, not too bad la^^ but take it easy man, it's a learning stage to every student, due to our edu system, we tend (or we r trained) to practice memorization for exam n we split out waterer we read from our text. It's jz a short term phobia dun worry, u'll be fine after our next exam! Dun tangle urself. :)

    Mic

    ReplyDelete
  2. cheer =)
    it's just temporarily...
    everything will be fine soon...

    gah yao la... =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mic: haha... i'm not that worried la... LOLZ.. just got shocked that suddenly only weh... haha... out of no reason to fear of exam after having exams for 18 years.. LOLZ... and thanks though.. good luck for your exam also.. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. OrangeJuice: LOLZ!! yup.. everything will be fine... good luck with your exams also.. ^^

    ReplyDelete