Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Right Thing To Do?

IT WAS A TOUGH NIGHT FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I JUST STEPPED BACK TO MY OWN HOUSE WHERE I FIND MYSELF NAGGED AND QUARREL WITH MY PARENTS FOR SOME BUSINESSES. IT IS AS THOUGH THEY ARE SPEAKING ILLOGICALLY, IN WHICH IN MY OPINION THEY ARE, BUT STILL, WAS CALMED DOWN BY SOME WISE WORDS…

It was rough, just as if I stepped on a road of massage stones on the floor throughout the night within the house. The heat was high in the house as quarreling continues between me and my parents, as there are some disagreement even towards the smallest things on earth.


Things that was quarreled:

1) Old Hairstyle for a New Year??
Reason: My new hairstyle was disliked by my parents as they would think that I would be the topic for Chinese New Year, in which I really don’t mind, and they think I should stand more on my opinion on the hairstyle I wanted, and not the hairstylists’ opinion. (FYI: I don’t know what are the latest trend or style that looks suitable on my head because I am not one fashionable person! And since they are the professional in the industry, why not let them do it?)

2) Living the Ordinary Rather Than the Extraordinary
Reason: Living the extraordinary will be bullied. Adding on, she said that I would just finish my studies and get a job for my whole freaking life, earning money by working with other people. (HELLO!!! I’m so not going to have that as my life. I’m going to get my company or whatsoever in the future, and so not working for people. I only work for myself or for music. That’s the bottom line. And if I were to live the ordinary, I wouldn’t even dare to dream BIG, and without that word BIG, I wouldn’t even achieve something more in my life, just like the other person in my family!! UNDERSTAND ME!!! THAT IS WHY I NEED TO HAVE THE GUTS TO CHANGE AND THE GUTS TO LIVE THE EXTRAORDINARY!!!!)

3) Money = Happiness??
Reason: No Money = No Happiness. (HELLO AGAIN!!!! I THOUGHT YOU JUST ASKED ME TO LIVE THE ORDINARY!!! MANA NAK CARI DUIT DENGAN ORDINARY LIVING!!!! EXCUSE ME!!!!! KNOCK KNOCK!!!! BE LOGICAL A LITTLE BIT!!!!! And by the way, who told you that without money, we can’t live in happiness? And you said that the happiness is just a short term happiness… excuse me? I don’t see things short term… and I already have my planning for my future. Although you are my mom, but you have no rights to control my future… at all!!)

I mean, this is the platform for me to voice out myself because I want all moms that read this post to know… GO READ “THE LAST LECTURE” (it is a book by the way)… it teaches you on how to be a real educating parent that doesn’t only achieve for the sake of living. If this is the life, then what is the point of living at the first place? I have my own point of view of how I should run my life. But please, stop telling me on how I should live my life, because you’re only running my own cause for me to live. And by the way, ya’ll are the ones acting illogically all these moment, and you aspect me to live illogically just like ya’ll, and look at what happened to the person ya’ll raised who followed ya’ll illogically, and I don’t have to tell who would that be, but definitely not me.

And please, stop it with your friend's words. All you ever tell me nowadays are about your friends only. Since when on earth did you even listen to me speaking. You would need me yelling and nagging you around only would you be listening to my words, and then you will be showing me that pity face and I should not even start nagging at you at a point and proving that your friends are wrong. I know it is a hard time for you, but it would be a harder time for the family in the future.

But words from my really wise Indian brother, Vijay, came to me after I told him on what happened back then, and this is what he said to calm me down. “Just stand with it, because those days are coming when you’ll prove them wrong. So, just be calm for now and be patience… and by looking at those childhood pictures, my parents were so young back then… and how many years do they have left to nag and control you? Remember those times back then when we were happy as a kid? When our parents were so poor that they had to feed us with luxurious food? So why not just let them be… because nothing is better than being a family…” and eventually, those words really came back flashing lots of memories behind on what has happened.

My tears almost fall from my eyes, and even though it was sort of a long lecture from Vijay, but it was a great lecture. It wasn’t just reminding me things that I should’ve known long time ago, but also telling me the fact that I should be somebody who could also love somebody else rather than be loved all this while.

But please once again parent, stop with the controlling. All of you can do whatever you want and control on how I look and all those I don’t care, but please, don’t control your children’s life, and please stop being so self centered all this time, as this will hurt your own cause and also your children’s cause of what could be in the future.

Even though Vijay has taught me that I should be patient, in which I would… and although I have a total confidence to prove my parents wrong, but everything still has its limits. So, don’t ever push it too far, because this usually happens in Asian countries, especially amongst the Chinese families. That is why, just let them be, freely, rather than locking them in all the time, because the future will be way tougher than the past, and things will change. So, always pick the right choice in life people, as the future doesn’t belong to your parents or anyone else, but it belongs to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment