Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A New Year… An Older Year… But Living A Younger Life…

LIFE IS HARD TO BE UNDERSTOOD, FREEDOM IS THE WORD THAT EVERYONE NEEDS. BUT UNTIL WHEN CAN FREEDOM BE CONTROLLED BY ME?

Parents are being parents, can be understood where care and love is given by them. But in times, things shouldn’t go this way, as intruding the life of a young adult is no longer allowed, to give them freedom to grow their own wings and fly on their own. Parents could still care for them, but in a different way, and things should have changed when children gets older.

It might be a Chinese New Year this year for me and also a Chinese New Year to celebrate my 21st birthday this year, but seems like the more locks are added to my chain to avoid me from flying. I learnt a lot through the living outside and when it is time for me to fly, why would anyone stop me from doing so? Why wouldn’t a chance given to me to fly alone? And I know that parents will always be the guidance, but guidance doesn’t mean to listen and obey everything that parents said. The word guidance would be to give opinions and by accepting it or rejecting it, will always be our choice, and not by forcing.

Parents might be parents, but choice must always be with the children. Eras changing, technology improving, people evolving, time moving, and children growing. When time comes, humans must live the life of their own, although family is always important. Things have to change according to its way, and not by the thoughts of the past and leaving behind the present and the future. The past wouldn’t change the world, but the present and the future would as the world changes a person, and not a person who changes a world. Only a few selected people could do so, even for those who are the chosen one.

Therefore, please… please… I want my freedom, not to say to leave your son away and not coming back forever, but please let us think and do things ourselves. Opinions can be given, but to accept or not would always be our choice. You had your life, and it is time for me to live mine, and if possible, with yours, but still depends…

No comments:

Post a Comment