Sunday, May 23, 2010

~Doctor DOOO little~

HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN IT COMES TO DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS? HOW DOES THE AIR TASTE LIKE WHEN IT COMES TO A CLINIC? HOW DOES OTHER PATIENCE LOOK AT YOU WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR COMFORTABLE SEAT BESIDE THEM IN A CLINIC? AND HOW DOES IT FEEL WHEN YOU NAME IS CALLED BY THE NURSE TO MEET A DOCTOR?

It was a nightmare for me as I could not go to bed as usual. Having high fever after a long day of walk in the shopping mall, having shoulder pain on both sides when I was lying down on the bed, together with a suffering from a dirty room mate which made my night worst.

7 o’clock was the alarm, trying to wake me up from bed, but unfortunately, I had yet to sleep and there I go, preparing for class. Couldn’t walk properly due to old injuries, and yet, I still managed to go for class.

I sat down in class with sweats on the head, as it was a hard time for me to reach college. Unexpectedly, things got worst as a lecturer came in and gave a political speech on our subject. No notes, no text books, and totally nothing for this class. But smart enough, we took pictures of those slides and make our own notes through those slides, although we knew that this wasn’t the appropriate thing to do. But still, whatever.

Class was over and I asked Ryan to take me to the doctor as I could not bear with the pain any longer. It is getting into my nerves. Cold sweat kept rushing out from my forehead, and I knew things will get worst. We went to the clinic and I signed myself up, taken a number and it was 42. I looked up to the electrical number plate… ONLY 32!

Still, we waited patiently and then it was my turn to go in. This time the feeling is just a little different. Maybe Wallace was right, it feels better when there is an accompaniment to meet the doctor, and it definitely feels uneasy to go in alone. Maybe because this case was different as the previous case was on the ass while this one was on the hand, so I could just grab someone and maybe whack them up when the doctor gets into my nerves.

Doctor: Hi Eu, so is there anything that I could help you?

Me: Hey doc, my arm hurts and I couldn’t sleep the whole night and now it causes me sinus.

Doctor: Which part is hurting you?

Me: The joint between the hand and shoulder.

Doctor: now let me see.

Doctor: (The doctor took my hand up and he placed one of his palms on my hand and use the other hand to pull my up.) So, does this hurt you?

Me: erm…. No…

Doctor: (switched to another position) What about this?

Me: a little bit…

Doctor: (pull my hand up to shoulder level)

Me: AAAAAAAA!!!!!

Doctor: (pulled my hand up to the sky)

ME: (@#$%^&*……. And almost fainted)… AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

Doctor: (let go of my hand and went back to his seat) … So did you join any activities previously? Like sports, basketball, tennis etc? hardcore or active sports?

Me: erm… quite (thinking: carrying a tuba, running around for 8 hours; gym for 3 hours a day; swimming; squash etc…)

Doctor: ok… seems that you have a ligament injury on the both sides of your shoulder.

Me: but I have yet to exercise for quite a while.

Doctor: ya… but all of these happened a while ago, it is just that it wasn’t really serious that time, more to like an old and uncured injury. I’m going to come up with a few medications that you could apply on and also consume. And then is there anything else that I could help you?

Me: Nope, that’s all doc. Thanks.


This conversation might seem long, but the whole process only took approximately 5 minutes, starting from the time I opened the door and walked into the doctor’s room and until I came out from the doctor’s room.

Although it wasn’t really a great experience in that doctor’s room, but I knew something. Although life is full with challenges, as I am those adventurous and challenge facing person, health and safety is still important. If a person is injured, get cure, but always remember, prevention is always better than cure. Without a good body, only a mind could adventure, but not the real taste of what adventure is like.

Care for yourself,
as how you care for others

No comments:

Post a Comment