Friday, October 30, 2009

Dreams...



Path which has been walked through many times, but did not thought that it was familiar. But once in a while, a question might be brought up to your head, “this walking path looks familiar. It seems that I have walked through this way for the second time.” Every step which has been taken seems very familiar and this is where more and more question appears…

Having a tough time as a tertiary education student, assignments, test, exams, personal stuff to be accomplished in just a minimal time, where as a life of a student, sleeping has turned into a habit where no matter when or where, it can be a place where sleep can take place. It did not happened to me in the past when I was still in high school or primary school where sleeping can be this casual. But for the past week, sleeping in class has turned into a habit of mine. Imagine sleeping in class when the lecturer is actually teaching right in front of the auditorium where focus has been made tough for me. But nevertheless, these lecturers did not take any action on me. Phew… But sleeping in class had made me embarrassing enough. Spectacles dropped down to the ground, pencils fell off from my hand, and even saliva came out from my mouth. What other things that might possibly happen when I was asleep? Only those who are observing me knew.

But why was I so tired. I napped through the afternoon causing me to have a sleepless night and it all started because I had a nightmare at night, causing me to have a sleepless night on that particular day and I needed to take a nap in the afternoon to actually regain my energy and focus to continue with my daily activities and the biggest problem here is that I did not remember what dream it was. But that wasn’t the only time where I had nightmares. Even when I take naps in the afternoon, nightmares hunted me. I still remembered where there was once in which I took a nap in the afternoon, and it only took me five minutes to wake up from a horrible dream and that I continued my nap after that dream hoping that nothing would ever happen in my continuous nap. But the same thing repeatedly happened and the weirder part is that it is a continuous of the previous dream itself. I got scared and I just ignored my nap and continued with my daily schedule.

Until the night, I was very tired and I tried to sleep but it hasn’t been going good for me as my body clock has been “rescheduled” to the afternoon. So all I did was rolling around on my bed, even with weird sleeping postures that might bring me into sleep but it did not.

I’m a weird person, who likes to think a lot and I found out one thing through my observation. Dreams that I actually remembered will happen in my life but it also goes the other round where dreams that I do not remember will actually happen in reality. I do not know about others but this is through my own experience. What a weird person you might think of right. But I was thinking, why didn’t dreams that I actually remembered won’t happen in my life while it happens the other way round? Is it because dreams that I actually remembered will make me to be more careful with every step of work that I am taking? Or is it some other reason? There is no answer for it.

If we take a look at the Chinese tradition, it is said that people who had passed away would actually pass messages through dreams. How true is it? Personally, I had never tried it before, but traditions being traditions. In the modern age, most of the things can be explained through scientific explanation, but not everything can be done so and this is where the traditional saying comes in.

But nevertheless, sleep is still a need in a person’s life. No matter how bad that dream would be, and no matter how hard you try to analyze or understand that dream itself, life still needs to goes on. Regardless on what obstacles will happen in the future, regardless of what message your dream is trying to tell you, or regardless on how trustful of a person towards traditional or scientifically explanation dreams, we are still humans and there are still so many unpredictable things regarding the spiritual of a human. Live life to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment