Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Started without a beginning, ended with a beautiful ending

... the path of life turns out to be something unknown, but the past has already been known, all that can be done is to walk towards the future and not reversing back to the past, but turning the head back once in a while, glancing through the past would be things that would be kept as a part, forever and ever..."

I was lying down on my bed, rolling up and down, left and right and even started my yoga sitting styles just to get me a ticket to “Slumberland”. Without knowing how fast the time flies by, the morning prayers of a mosque had started and for my guess, it would be a terrible day as I had to attend a briefing in the morning.
I did not care and continued my effort to bring me into my dreams, but things got worst. Just a few minutes before my alarm woke me up, I fell asleep and it was the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I went to bed in less than 5 minutes and I had to get up, preparing for the briefing which happens to be a briefing for students who will be pursuing their studies in other countries. Although it wasn’t very important for me because I would be able to listen to the same thing as everything will be repeated next year when I am prepared to go for a further studies in other countries, but I did go anyway.

It wasn’t a bad morning as it started off joyfully as a young looking English man with a pair of suits on him, started taking up the microphone and started speaking into it, showing us clips after clips of that particular University that we will be continuing our education on. Jokes came out one after another, and unconsciously, an hour had passed. It wasn’t as bad as I would think it would be. But when it comes to the next speaker, I wouldn’t say that he is a bad speaker, but he is definitely one of the most boring speakers I have ever come into with. He tone started off in a high pitch in every sentence, and slowly, slowly, the pitch went off wondering somewhere. It is just like when you are bringing a dog out for a walk and you wanted to give it the freedom to run anywhere it wants. But at the same time, you were tying it up with a chain connecting to your hand and when you think that he is going too far away, the thing that you do is to pull the dog back to your side. So, will the dog feel happy about it? Will we get interested on listening to a speech which doesn’t capture any interest? It goes the same here.

But never mind, the first part of the briefing ended and we were moved into another venue to continue with our second briefing. There was one thing that I did not mentioned above was the crowd. It was so crowded, just like a major concert happening inside a class. How cool it is to be happening. Students who were late would have to stand behind and even sit on the stairs just to listen to this briefing. So, as a person who is ethical, as this briefing is not that important for us, me and my friends eventually took off to another place, skipping the second briefing, giving those who are really in need an opportunity to listen and ask the speaker regarding that issue itself.

So, our destination was actually cyber café and also the billiard centre. We started playing for around an hour and went for our lunch. But I was shock, what were all the students doing at the billiard centre when it is during class time? I was there because I was not compulsory for the briefing. Maybe this is the only thing where only students themselves understand. After that, we had our lunch and went back to college for a short meeting regarding our assignments before class started.

I was getting exhausted, adrenalines were produced batch after batch, just like a cell phone where its battery was drained and at the same time it is using its emergency backup, calling for an S.O.S., but the day is still young. Hours of meeting later, we went for class and I was at a case where the unconscious was taking over the consciousness of my brain. Everything I did wasn’t under my control anymore. Class started after that where our lecturer was actually teaching a subject known as moral. Imagine where you would still need to study moral after 20 years. So, will people be moral after studying moral? Students had been studying moral over and over again, but it doesn’t seem to me that the society is getting better in a sense. Therefore, other measure needs to be taken to cope with this problem.

Back to the classroom scene. 5 minutes after lecture started… 10 minutes after lecture started… 15 minutes… 20… 22… and “pooped”, I fall asleep. I tried so hard not to sleep during lecture classes as this period are the most important where we would be able to learn something more than what is written on books, for instance listening to real life story, where all humans are “unique” ( I guess students who attended this class would actually understand). But what happened was my eyes closed without my knowing and the next thing I knew was I dreamt about something which I don’t remember and the next thing I knew was that I moved my hand and swapped my spectacles down to the ground. It was very embarrassing as I was sitting right opposite on where the lecturer is teaching, but he is a good lecturer though where he acted that he did not saw anything.

Time passes and finally the class ended. But this is where the entire problem starts. Our lecturer walked into the auditorium and started giving our papers, asking us to fill up for our interns on the coming semester. “WHAT? INTERNS?” and she wanted us to fill up and pass up the form on Friday, within 10am to 12pm. We tried to negotiate with her as we will only be having class from 2pm to 4pm but she gave this feedback “… this would only be convenient for you, it will not be convenient for me, why don’t you just hand it up before 12 as you are not having class before 12?” HAR? I thought we are all communication students and lecturer? Shouldn’t we be using the Mix Media model to actually show a win-win situation in both sides rather than just only using a one way asymmetrical model. But I did not continued arguing because remember, my battery was dead.

So, the additional briefing for that day has ended and everything has ended, and then I went back home and prepared myself for bed. The bed, is always the best place to hang out, the only place where you have 100 percent privacy for yourself and not others, and this is why it will always be the best place of the whole house. I went to bed and I fell asleep in just a tick of the clock, dreams started rushing into my mind, brains started processing and everything was so realistic, but the only dream I remembered was my friends back in Kampar, Perak (a place where I pursued my diploma studies, a place where “no worries” appears, a place where everyone knows everybody, and a place where people are being treated as real humans, the relationship.) I was so far apart from them for this long and maybe it has been too long and this would be the time where I should be going back to the place I loved and the also the second home of mine for a trip, just to remember all the good and bad which had happened in that area. But no matter how, that everyone is doing well there and I misses everyone and everything from that sainted area, I miss ya’ll and I'm sorry if I had ever did anything wrong towards ya'll.
(more stories about me in kampar in the future.... so stay tuned to www.walkwitheu.blogspot.com)

"Everything that I missed back then....

















... has turned into something I owned today

Most of the pictures might not be available here, but those pictures will always be kept in an unfound and undiscovered place... my heart....

No comments:

Post a Comment